With the continuing change that the world is experiencing, more and more children from all over the world are suffering from a case of obesity. This is brought about by the lifestyle change that progress demands. It has never been more important for parents and guardians alike to make sure their kids have a healthy lifestyle. Obesity, if not addressed can cause serious health problems in childhood and later in life. Children will benefit physically, mentally, socially and academically from a healthy lifestyle of proper nutrition and exercise.
But what benefits exactly does a healthy living have on children? What good does a healthy lifestyle give? There are actually a lot of benefits a healthy living brings, but I'll be mentioning five (5).
1. A child who eats right and exercises regularly will have a physically healthy body that can lower risk from high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes and more. These conditions are usually associated with obesity.
2. Aside from physical health, a healthy lifestyle will also provide mental health. Proper diet and exercise helps children handle mental challenges well. A healthy lifestyle provides better sleep at night and more energy to make children feel better mentally. It can also lessen depression.
3. Healthy kids also benefit socially. Physically active and healthy kid usually has high self-esteem and will help him make friends easily. Kids who join sports or other physical activities are more likely to make friends than those who stay in front of the TV and computer.
4. Healthy kids are also more likely to benefit emotionally. They'll have high self-esteem because they feel better about their appearance physically. They'll also be more confident in themselves in socializing with other children.
5. Lastly, kids who have healthy lifestyle benefit academically. Children who eat properly, exercise regularly, and get ample sleep have the physical and mental energy to deal with academic challenges daily. They are also able to retain their lessons well than kids who have unhealthy lifestyle.